We’re committed to an open software delivery model and therefore want to share our roadmap to Web 5.
Our major deliverables include:
- Decentralized Identifier network node on production and publicly available
- Decentralized Web Node on production and publicly available
- Verifiable Credential service on production and available to partners
- Decentralized Web Platform client/server SDK with all components bundled in a single package
- Wallet in publicly usable state across Web, desktop and mobile
- Decentralized Web Application runtime ready for developer reliance
In Quarter 2 (Q2) of 2022, we publicly announced Web5 as an open source community initiative.
The DID network node will be deployed.
The Wallet work will begin.
In Q4 of 2023, the Web5 platform components and a Wallet app with identity support will enter public beta.
Web5 is open source and we welcome your contributions!